I only shut down my work computer at weekends. During the week I put it to sleep when I’m not there so as not to lose my working context. On Monday mornings when I start up my computer I often get prompted to download and install the latest upgrades, which usually requires a reboot. It’s not perfect timing but I can live with it.
- Download and install the latest OS X patches. Restart the imac.
- Download and install Parallels 3.0. Restart the imac.
- Start up Windows through Parallels.
- Download and install the latest Windows Parallels tools. Restart Windows.
- Download and install the latest Windows security upgrades. Restart Windows.
That’s four restarts. Can I go home now?